There's no place like Noah
Noah is a modern finance company that helps homeowners tap into their home equity without selling or adding additional debt (and the burden of monthly payments). Noah is focused on making home-ownership more affordable and accessible for millions of Americans, and is partnering with homeowners to help them maximize the value of what is likely their most valuable asset. Founded in 2016, with backing from Union Square Ventures and Tribe Capital, Noah has offices in San Francisco and New York.
Noah is seeking a data scientist to join our Data Science & Analytics team. Candidates should be comfortable owning a broad range of data science-related responsibilities, including the ideation and development of Noah’s business and portfolio analysis tools, as well our risk and pricing models. Candidates will be expected to operate both at an execution and strategic level. This position offers high exposure to Noah’s executive team, and will be reporting directly to the CIO.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Translating business priorities and requirements to data science deliverables
- Working with data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to develop and support the internal tools used for pricing, underwriting, marketing, product & operations support.
- Design, develop and maintain business dashboards to track KPIs across marketing, operations and product linked activities.
- Develop and maintain a suite of portfolio analytics and metrics utilized for reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Developing methods to analyze risk of the US housing market in a systematic and objective manner
- Identifying, sourcing and managing the data required to build Noah’s risk and pricing models
- Contributing to developing the core algorithms and analytical models for Noah’s products
- Creating frameworks for back-testing Noah’s proprietary models
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or other technical field
- 3 years of data science/analytics experience
- Experience with analytic and visualization tools such as Mode Analytics, Looker etc.
- Experience with: data collection, filtering, and cleaning techniques, statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, hypothesis testing), and SQL and relational databases like Postgres
- Development experience, preferably in Python
- Ability to organize and present complex data to technical and non-technical audiences
- Team player with high integrity
Nice to have:
- Experience working at an early stage startup
- Open to feedback with an ongoing desire to improve
- Understanding of financial concepts such as risk, volatility, IRR
- A high degree of self awareness
- Exposure to: A/B testing, statistical models and their interpretability, mortgage and home price models
- Working knowledge of backend software development, including RESTful APIs and database
- A collaborative mindset, and eagerness to partner with engineering, product, and business development teams
- Competitive salary, 401k, and equity in a company that is growing rapidly
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance, FSA
- Paid time off
- Ongoing training and development